1. Equipment remains the property of Jones Hire service.
2. Prices quoted are for one days hire only and are subject to VAT.
3. The hirer warrants that the person signing the delivery note is duly authorised to do so on behalf of the hirer and the person signing the delivery note warrants that he/she is duly authorised to sign on behalf of the hirer.
4. Payment, plus a returnable deposit, must be made before goods are released. Cheques are only accepted with an appropriate cheque guarantee card, unless paid 10 days in advance. If cheques presented to us as payment are returned by the bank a fee will be charged.
5. It is admitted that the person signing the delivery note had the opportunity to inspect the hired equipment and confirm the equipment is received in good condition.
6. Cancellation of orders within 5 days of date of hire is chargeable at 50% hire charge. Within 72 hours at full hire charge.
7. Under no circumstances should electrical appliances be used without being correctly earthed unless they are of double insulated construction.
8. The hirer is fully responsible for the equipment and for insuring the equipment if necessary, from the time of acceptance until returned to our premises. No insurance is provided by Jones Hire.
9. Gas appliances should not be used below ground level and only used in a well ventilated area.
10. Queries on goods received must be notified immediately.
11. In the event of a breakdown of unsatisfactory working of hired equipment, Jones Hire should be notified of the fault. No attempt should be made to repair the equipment unless express permission is granted by Jones Hire.
12. Drivers collecting goods are not authorised to return deposits or check goods.
13. If the hirer has any cause for complaint concerning the conditions, suitability or performance of equipment hired, Jones Hire should be notified immediately. No consideration for redress will be given to a grievance once the equipment has been used.
14. Table linen must not be returned or stored damp or wet. Damage resulting from mildew or other stains and burn marks that will not respond to laundering will be charged at full replacement cost.
15. The hired equipment is solely intended for use and storage indoors unless specifically designed and manufactured for use outdoors. If the equipment is used or stored outdoors the hirer is fully responsible for damage caused by the weather or any other associated hazard.
16. All goods will be delivered clean and ready to use. If they are returned dirty, a washing charge of 25% of hire charge will be made.
17. Cutlery and silverware must be washed or rinsed after use even if washing service agreed in advance. Under no circumstances should scourers or abrasives be used on any hired equipment.
18. In addition to hire cleaning and transport charges a refundable deposit is required. The deposit less the replacement cost of breakages or losses is returned by post after the equipment has been checked by authorised staff at Jones Hire premises. Where the deposit is not sufficient to cover the replacement cost the hirer is liable for the balance.
19. We reserve the right to change any price without need to give prior notice.
20. Extended hire terms available on request.
21. Deliveries are from hard standing adjacent to main door, ground level entrance, unless pre-arranged. An additional charge will be imposed in respect of waiting time should the driver be unduly delayed or detained white attempting to effect a delivery or collection.
22. The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that their delivery/collection instructions and arrangements are consistent with parking restrictions. Jones Hire reserves the right to pass on to the hirer the cost of any fines incurred due to delivery/collection instructions that neglect or ignore parking restrictions.
23. All boxes or cartons to be returned dry and intact. Furniture etc. must be kept dry. A charge will be made for all cartons, boxes and roll pallets (caddies) lost or damaged.
24. Jones Hire will make every endeavour to effect delivery and collection at the times indicated by the hirer. No responsibility will be taken if requested times are not met. Removal will be effected as soon as possible, but all equipment cannot be collected immediately after use from all sites. Jones Hire is under no liability whatsoever for any injury or damage to persons or property or loss of profit claimed by the hirer in respect of any interruptions, delays, inaccuracies, errors, omissions or any failure to deliver or from the use of any equipment under hire.